November 29, 2014

Feeling better

I forgot to use the topical steroid cream so I decided to skip using it today.  I am not a moisturizing type of person, and while the topical steroid cream is not a moisturizer, it has the same clammy type of feeling.  I've always been the type of person that doesn't like putting stuff on my body.  I don't wear a watch, or jewelry (even my wedding ring).  Heck, I don't even like wearing long sleeve shirts.  I've had to wear long sleeves to avoid 'looks' from people.  I'm not ashamed of my skin, but people tend to think "contagious" as soon as they see PLEVA.  I've had only a handful of people ask about it, and all of them start talking about it the same way… chicken pox, measles and shingles.  I'd rather just avoid the conversation if it goes that way.

Overall I feel good today.  Some new spots on the back on my neck, but nothing terrible.  No itching.  Flaking is at a minimum right now.  PLEVA seems to go in cycles and I've finished shedding skin, for now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment