November 23, 2014

Week 5

The duration of PLEVA is unknown.  Some people get it for weeks, some people have it for years and some people have it forever.  Many people that are finally able to get rid of the rash also suffer reoccurrence.  Reoccurrence can happen after treatment has ceased, or it can just return for no reason 2 or 5 years down the road.

I pray that mine runs it's course and then fades away. The PLEVA seems fairly aggressive so I'm hoping this won't take long.  The reason I'm still clinging to this hope is my neck.  My neck was covered in the rash, but now it looks pretty normal.


My neck is now PLEVA free.
I can still feel the bumps left by the PLEVA, but visually my neck looks normal and I don't feel any pain in this location.  The front of my neck is still recovering, but this gives me hope that my PLEVA will go away on it's own.

I feel pretty good today.  Tired, but that's fairly normal for me.  The pain from my inner thighs has subsided quite a bit.  Today the back of my knees, and my buttocks seems to be the area of choice for new pain.  I won't subject you to photos of my butt, but here's what the back of my legs look like today;

The PLEVA goes right over my buttocks.
I was surprised by the amount of PLEVA on my legs.  My wife took this photo and honestly I didn't think the back of my legs were this bad until I saw it.  The pain is mainly on the back of my knees and on my butt cheeks.

I thought I would mention what I think is called a 'dew-drop' type of blister.  This is on my right hand.  Little blisters like this are focused on my forearms, wrists and hands.  I haven't found them anywhere else.  Despite their size, these types of bumps hurt like hell.  This one I had to puncture with a pin as I kept rubbing it by accident.  There wasn't a lot of fluid inside, but it did alleviate some of the pain.




No comments:

Post a Comment