December 8, 2014

Biopsy results

I received a call from my dermatologist this week.  My biopsy results came in.  The biopsy confirmed that it is PLEVA.  She (my dermatologist) is going to set me up with light therapy, most likely starting in January 2015.  Light therapy is similar to using a tanning bed, but it's "safe suntanning" without the UVA/B stuff attached to it.

I've had about a week to let the biopsy results sink in.  Part of me is still clinging onto hope that this rash will clear up in another month or two.  In my mind I've set a February 2015 deadline for it to resolve itself.  If it doesn't, I think that's when it will really hit me.

The past week I've continued taking the tetracycline and using the topical steroid cream.  The bumps have been much more tolerable so I haven't bothered with the cream as much.  When a new batch flares up, which they have begun doing, I start using the cream again.  Right now the worst areas are my feet, back of my hands, elbows.  On top of those areas my face is getting worse.  The PLEVA is appearing around my eyes.  It's been around my eyes a little bit from the very start, but this last week both eyes are surrounded.  The bumps are very red and sting constantly.  I can't use the cream on my face so I have to put up with the pain.  It feels like a mild sunburn around my eyes.

Oh, and I've been getting bumps on my palms and on the soles of my feet.  The ones on my palms hurt when they are touched.  The ones on my soles just seem to be there.  Thankfully they do not hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment