October 25, 2014

At first, there were only a few spots.

October 2014

I woke up with a few spots today.  I didn't pay them much attention.  I sometimes find cuts and bruises and other minor injuries on my body that I don't know the origin of.  I normally just blame them on what I do for work and ignore them.

But a week later there were a lot more…

I went and saw my doctor.  The spots were starting to annoy me visually and I wanted them gone.  At the time the spots were isolated to my chest.  My doctor had seen spots like this before and immediately diagnosed it as pityriasis rosea or PR.  He told me PR was a skin rash and that it would go away on its own in 4 to 12 weeks.

The spots were soon joined by little bumps and both started to hurt.  My skin started to burn.  Almost like it was sunburned.  The worst areas at this time were in my, armpits, torso and neck.  It also started to itch.

I dealt with it for 4 weeks.  Then a few bumps appeared on my face close to corner of my eye.  That's when I decided to see my doctor again.


No comments:

Post a Comment