May 19, 2015

Is it happening again?

Last week I started noticing some weird bumps on my skin.  I didn't pay them much attention.  My PLEVA has been gone for nearly 4 months now.  How quickly we forget.  The initial bumps were not sore.  I wrote them off as weird skin bumps and scratched the tops off them.  They did not hurt at first, and did not resemble the sores that I had many months ago.

This morning that changed.  The bumps, only a few, have started to hurt.  They have gone from bumps to sores.  The intial bumps that I scratched off are still healing.  It is taking them longer than normal to close up and fade away.

Am I getting PLEVA again?  With my original case I told my dermatologist I was concern about the skin condition re-occuring once it was gone.  She told me that PLEVA did not re-occur.  I was skeptical, but hopeful she was right.  I read about many people online that had multiple occurances, many throughout their entire lives.  Their PLEVA followed them and only gave them temporary relief.

I called my dermatologist this morning.  She wants to schedule me for light therapy.  I would like to meet with her just to be sure that this is a re-occurance and to, quite frankly make her eat her own words.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there friend. I'm waiting my biopsy result to come back. This is the worst part. Tough indeed. Hope u getting better. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete